Have you ever built a template for yourself based on a process you kept having to hack together?
I’ve built dozens of templates of all kinds for myself, for use in my personal finances, fitness, business, everything. Invariably, every time I make a template, I instantly become more productive at that thing—plus, I improve the template the more I use it, which compounds my productivity and satisfaction. 😀
This very page on which I write is a template. As you might have read in The Big Click, I created it because I needed a way to stay in flow when I felt the inspiration to write, or when I wanted to consciously sit down and stream my consciousness into my keyboard. It hasn’t changed much since I started it, but it’s been incredibly helpful.
Other examples of templates I’ve built:
- A personal finance tracker (Google Sheets)
- A personal fitness tracker (Google Sheets)
- A client spend/expense tracker + runway calculator (Google Sheets)
- A service business package calculator (Google Sheets)
- A page to help me continue (Notion)
- All kinds of profile templates for GigLoft students, mentors, content, and more (Notion)
- An onboarding template for new Crashers (Notion)
- A content marketing packages template (Notion)
- A growth marketing services template (Notion – this one won me my current job)
And many more that aren’t coming to mind right now!
The point is, I love templates. And they’ve made me incredibly productive in each task. I highly recommend them to anyone who encounters a challenge in their workflows and wants to avoid that challenge or simplify the process.
Templates take extra work up-front, and save you a ton of work on the back end.
You can even sell templates on sites like Gumroad, where I just recently listed my first of many to come. I was inspired by Marie Poulin’s revenue numbers after just a week of her Gardening Dashboard being published on Gumroad.
So what are you waiting for? Templatize. 😋
© 1993-2021 Jérémy Chevallier